The year 2017 is here. In 2016, I reigned in the new year by swerving an unsolicited drunken snog on the dance floor. This year, however, I welcomed the New Year at home cuddled up to my dog after a night of food, laughter and dancing. I could have happily stayed out dancing to bring in the New Year. Alas, the troubles of taxi’s meant I had to be sensible and leave before midnight, much like Cinderella.
Unlike Cinderella, all my wishes and dreams don’t come true with a flick of a wand and a ‘bippity-boppity-boop’. If I want something, I’ve got to work for it. That’s the reality of things. Luckily, I’m feeling motivated and I’m ready to push myself.
In 2017 I’m not planning any drastic personal changes. I just want to be me; except a little bit more driven and strong-willed. So there’ll be no earth-shattering New Year resolutions here.
Just 17 things for 2017.
- Reach my fitness goals whilst keeping a healthy mindset
- Replace my sorrys with thank yous
- Let my guard down, talk about feelings, that kind of thing
- Pass my driving test
- Buy a house
- Work damn hard on my blog
- Stop doubting myself
- Surround myself with good people
- Try new sports
- Find my creative flair
- Visit somewhere new
- Show my hair some tlc
- Start outdoor rock climbing
- Be organised
- Kick social anxiety’s butt and throw myself into some ~scary situations~
- Stop fearing love
- Be present and enjoy the moment
It’s strange how positive I feel for this year. Like, I am genuinely excited to find out what’s in store for me. Let’s see how far I get with this positive little list for the New Year. What are your goals for the year ahead?